The National Social Watch Coalition is an attempt at a broad based network of civil society organisations, citizens and communities to build a process of monitoring governance towards professed goals of social development, particularly with respect to the marginalised sections of our country. As an attempt to check rhetoric against the real, it tries to monitor the institutions of governance and their commitment towards citizens and principles of democracy.
The Social Watch process is the collective response of a number of development organisations, social action groups, and citizens to ensure that there is a critical engagement with the process of governance. This is a part of the initiative to make democracy meaningful and participatory.
NSWC is currently seeking
1. Advocacy and Communication Officer
2. Networking Coordinator
1. ADVOCACY AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER / COORDINATOR
1. To broad base the coalition and to build the advocacy work of Social Watch including media and legislative advocacy.
2. To maintain and build strategic synergies and alliances with Media
3. To establish dynamic synergies with the legislators, policy makers, opinion makers etc
4. Updating programme and other information on Social Watch’s website
5. Monitoring web statistics and ensuring Search Engine Optimisation
6. Uploading articles, images, publications, audio files, videos etc
7. Compiling and distributing e-newsletter
8. Supporting the development and implementation of Social Watch's new media strategy
9. Helping to set up blogging functions and moderating blogs
10. Monitoring press coverage that is relevant to and covers Social Watch’s work and ensuring articles are distributed to relevant stakeholders
11. Maintaining press contacts database
1. Masters degree required in development, media or other related fields
2. Good understanding of current policy trends and governance issues
3. Excellent skills for interacting with journalists, NGO representatives, government representatives and inter-governmental organisations
4. Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills with an ability to work in team
5. Demonstrated writing and editing skills; ability to draft clear and effective briefing papers,excellent communication skills; ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural work setting independently and productively in a fast-paced environment
6. Excellent computer skills and high proficiency in MS Word, Excel, E-mail, HTML, Proficiency in Microsoft Publisher, Power Point and Adobe
2. NETWORKING and RESEARCH COORDINATOR
1. To contribute a actively in the ongoing research
2. To build and strengthen Social Watch process in different states
3. To coordinate between state partners and the national secretariat
4. Organise meetings and workshops at the state and national level
5. Facilitate the state coalition members in the process of Report preparation, release and dissemination
6. To ensure the flow of information from the grassroots to the National secretariat
7. Help build the capacity of State Social Watch platforms to monitor the commitments undertaken by their governments and promote their active participation in the Social Watch Coalition
8. Encourage and support Social Watch state activities
9. Facilitate the exchange of ideas and experiences among coalition members and between the latter and other civil society networks, government entities and inter-governmental bodies
10. Help develop the proposals of State coalitions to carry out activities related to Social Watch
1. Masters degree required in Social Sciences or other related Fields
2. Ability to work independently under minimum supervision
3. Excellent skills for writing and speaking in public
4. Capacity to prioritise goals and carry out multiple tasks
5. Experience in team work
6. Dynamism, independence and willingness to work in multicultural environments
7. Availability to travel frequently
8. Commitment to social justice, poverty eradication and gender equality and good understanding of current policy trends and governance issues
9. Fluency in English and Hindi (essential) in oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of other regional languages will be of immense help.
Minimum of 3 (Three) years in their relevant field for both the positions
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested incumbents may send in their detailed resume and a cover letter (not more than 500 words) expressing their suitability for position(s) above at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 31st, 2010.
All the positions will be based at New Delhi
National Social Watch Coalition is an equal opportunity Employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. For more information visit www.socialwatchindia.net
Social Issues Headline Animator
If you want something you never had, do something you have never don e........ As the new year blossoms, may the journey of your life be ...
History of Social Work Thanks: Thiru. S. Rengasamy, Lecturer, MISS, Tamil Nadu, India
THIS INDENTURE made at (name of City/Town/Village), this (date) day of (month) 19 (year), BETWEEN Mr./Mrs./Ms.______________________________...
Set up with financial resources contributed by Azim Premji, Chairman, Wipro Corporation, Azim Premji Foundation aims at making a tangible im...
Tamilnadu Vazhndhu Kaattuvom Project is an empowerment and poverty alleviation project implemented by the Rural Development and Panchayat Ra...
I. Summary A. Types of Organizations 1. Trusts Publi...
Understanding the Narcissistic Phenomenon The so called ‘narcissistic personality disorder’ is a complex and often misunderstood di...
If you were given the task of setting up a new Human Resource Department in a small company where would you begin? Such a task would be ex...
Introduction A public charitable or religious institution can be ...
COME DIWALI and one can hear the sounds of firecrackers exploding from all directions. People of all age groups are fascinated with firecrac...
Guidelines to set up a NGO or NPO
- Procedures for registering a NGO under Trust, Society and not-for-profit Companies act
- Starting a NGO or a NPO
- Registeration of a NGO under the Societies Registeration Act
- Formation, registeration and transfering the property of a Trust
- Article of Association format
- Income-tax Act procedure for an NGO
- Registering an NGO under Companies Act
- Registration of a NGO under under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976 (FCRA)
- Fund raising methodology for running a NGO / NPO
- Trust Deed sample
This blog is designed to provide and encourage access within the social work community to sources of current and comprehensive information. Therefore, Indiansocialworker.blogspot.com itself places no restrictions on the use or distribution of the data contained therein.
- Indian Social Worker Team
- Indian Social Worker Team